First of all, before creating a collective organization to manage the mission of TVPIP, consider the following questions and objectives:
• Understand the importance of collective management of a collective organization.
• Discuss the essential values for the functioning of collective organization.
• Learn the roles of collective organization.
• Identify the stages of the process for creation of a collective organization, as well as their structures decision.
• Understand the importance of support when creating collective organization.
• Understand the difficulties facing divergent interests and the importance of identifying the converging interests of the sector.
Key points to highlight
- The right to use the TVPIP collective organization being collective, an organization is necessary at least to represent the actors of the collective organization system before society (public authorities, consumers). The organization of the actors should be considered from the start of the process.
- On the basis of common interests (the reputation of TVPIP being the most obvious), the actors of the collective organization system can delegate other functions to collective organization and benefit from synergies and economies of scale.
- Collective organization does not replace companies (individual, cooperative type or capital) in terms of marketing, but it supports it.
- Collective organization must be open to all participants of the collective organization system and have internal rules allowing democratic decision-making.
Principles of the right to organize and to collective
Convention concerning the application of the principles of the right to organize and to collective organization. After having decided to adopt various proposals relating to the application of principles of the right to organize and collective organization, an issue which fourth item on the agenda of the session. Deciding that these proposals would take the form of a convention international.
Organization, management and mission of collective organization
Management and organization are two closely related concepts, in practice and in theory. The quality of management will depend on the degree of achievement of the objectives of the organization and its performance. It is therefore essential to define the organizational space before studying the concept of management.
Concept of a TVPIP collective organization: the word “organization” is ambivalent. It simultaneously designates an entity created for lead a collective action (for example: a company, a non-profit association profit, a hospital, a political party …), the way in which this entity is organized (in particular: the definition and distribution of tasks between the party participating in the collective) and the processes that produce both the entity and its arrangement.
This is the first meaning of the organization that we will retain throughout this course. The definitions of the word organization are numerous and vary depending on the setting theoretical in which we place ourselves. In their attempt to define the organizations, the theorists have successively focused on different aspects of the relationships between the individual and his task.
First, the emphasis was placed on the relationship between Man and the conditions physical and administrative aspects of his work. Secondly, the emphasis has been put on the relationships of Men at work with each other. A more recent approach emphasizes the socio-economic relationships established between workers, organizations and the outside world.
In his review of organizational theory identifies three definitions organizational characteristics: “A community focused on the pursuit of goals relatively specific and showing a highly formalized social structure”, “a community which shares a common interest in the survival of the organizational system and engages in joint activities”, “a coalition of varying interest groups which develop goals by negotiation”.
TVPIP, for their part, do not give a definition of management but introduce the role of management and manager in their work. The mission of TVPIP is to “create or maintain an environment where individuals who work in group are encouraged to collaborate effectively and dynamically in achieving of pre-established common objectives “
Mutual adjustment of the entities making up the organization
Indeed, the structure is the basis of many questions that can be asked about organizations:
Contingency factors, the goal system and power. He exposes the result of his works and the evolution of his theory in several other books and articles. Depending on the determining variables – the design of the structure, the contingency, goals and power – five configurations are defined.
Each organization is therefore one of these configurations or combinations of them. They are then hybrid. The first variables to take into account are related to design structure: the division and coordination of work between operators and between different units. Coordination takes place through formal mechanisms or based on interpersonal relationships.
Then there are the contingent factors, that is, those which do not result from an influence intentional. These are the size and age of the organization, the market, the environment … Goals fall into two categories. System goals relate to organization itself or its members.
The mission of TVPIP goals target customers or products. If the goals do not cause tension between the actors, they will be said to be integrated. In the case on the contrary, we will speak of conflicting goals. Finally, depending on whether it will be possible to determine whether a goal is achieved or not, it will be considered operational or not.